More Volunteer Opportunities
As an alumni volunteer, you will help advance Dalhousie’s mission while gaining valuable leadership experience and making a difference in the area that matters most to you.
We have volunteer opportunities that offer a smaller or one-time commitment.
Browse through our volunteer roles below, then fill out the volunteer form and tell us about the type of volunteer opportunities you’d be interested in. We can work with you one-on-one to find a meaningful opportunity!
There are various opportunities to share your knowledge and experience as a Guest Speaker at a University event. You can nominate yourself to join your Faculty as a guest-lecturer, share your professional insights at a discussion panel, or headline a signature Dalhousie event! Would you rather hold a pen than a mic? Guest Speakers can also lend their voice to a written piece if a public event is not a good fit. A member of the Alumni Team will explore potential opportunities with you to determine:
- Which style of speaking opportunity is right for you
- Areas of the University wherein your knowledge may be most applicable
- Which medium best suits your topic, style, and area of interest
Skills and Attributes
Many of our alumni volunteers enjoy the flexibility and individualized opportunities available as a Helping Hand. By connecting with our Alumni Team, you can participate in one-time or casual initiatives that you are most interested in, at times and locations that work for you!
- Support events in your area with set-up or registration
- Connect with your Faculty for unique engagement opportunities or initiatives
- Lend your voice to special topic-based focus groups and discovery sessions
- Support your Regional Community with volunteer activities in your city
Skills and Attributes
Have you lost touch with your former classmates? Do you have life-long friends looking to come back to campus? Alumni reunions come in all shapes and sizes, from Faculties, class years, sports teams, and student society members. If you have a group of fellow Dalhousie alumni that you want to see reunite on campus, let us help you make it happen!