Summer food drive for Feed Nova Scotia
Last summer, we learned that Feed Nova Scotia was critically low on food supplies and had to turn people away from food banks. In response, the Dalhousie community rallied together and donated more than one tonne of much-needed supplies.
To avoid a similar situation this year, Feed Nova Scotia is proactively asking community members and organizations to host food drives and fundraisers throughout the month of July – and we’re hoping to show our support once again.
On Wednesday, July 12, Feed Nova Scotia donation boxes will be in buildings on all four Dal campuses for individuals and groups to make their donations. Our Facilities Management team will be collecting these donation bins on Friday, July 21 and delivering them to the Feed Nova Scotia warehouse that afternoon.
Individuals and groups are encouraged to drop off donations at any of the following locations at Dalhousie’s Halifax and Truro campuses:
- Studley Campus:
- Henry Hicks Building: main lobby
- Central Services Building: elevators (main floor)
- Dalplex: main desk (lower level)
- Student Union Building: information desk (main floor)
- Goldberg Computer Science Building: main desk
- Killam Library: lobby
- Life Science Centre: by room 332 (next to food court)
- Kenneth C. Rowe Management Building: atrium
- Mona Campbell Building: atrium
- Dalhousie Arts Centre
- Weldon Law Library
- University Club: back entrance off of Alumni Crescent
- Chase Building: elevators (at the entrance across from Ocean Pond)
- Sir James Dunn Building: elevators (at the centre entrance off of Lord Dalhousie Drive)
- MacDonald Building: main lobby (by elevator)
- Marion McCain Arts and Social Sciences Building: main lobby
- Office of Advancement (6389 Coburg Rd.): fourth floor
- Carleton Campus:
- Sexton Campus:
- Agricultural Campus
Feed Nova Scotia is currently looking, specifically, for the following items:
- Canned meat and fish
- Peanut butter
- Canned beans
- Canned fruits
- Soups and stews
- Pasta and rice
If you have any questions, please contact Erin Stewart-Reid at firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.494.1225.
Thank you for your support!