Area of Greatest Impact
The President’s Area of Greatest Impact Fund gives students across all faculties the opportunity to access high-impact learning opportunities, such as conferences, publications and athletic and research initiatives. The President allocates the funds at his discretion to support these student-led initiatives across the university.
Through the generosity of Dalhousie’s alumni and friends, this Fund has supported many student learning priorities, including:
- events to welcome international students to campus, and help them settle in
- the chance to attend conferences, sometimes internationally, that are critical to their studies
- the ability to organize on-campus conferences, bringing leading experts to Dal to enhance their learning.
In 2015-16, opportunities supported through this fund have included:
- DalConnects Worldwide Experiential Learning Trip
- Climate Change Summit in France
- McGill Model United Nations Conference
- The annual Patrick Lett Symposium
- The Dalhousie Interdisciplinary Graduate Conference
- Student attendance at the American Planning Association Policy and Advocacy conference in Washington DC
Find out more about the President’s Area of Greatest Impact Fund, and how you can make an impact on student learning at Dalhousie. Contact: Dalhousie.Fund@Dal.Ca