Dalhousie Family & Friends Night at the Discovery CentreFriday, April 21, 2017
Time & Location
6 – 9 p.m. (ADT)
1215 Lower Water Street
Please join us for an evening of fun with your family and friends at the new Discovery Centre.
The Discovery Centre brings STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) to life through fun, interactive learning experiences – for all ages.
Meet professors from across Dalhousie’s faculties as you explore the new Discovery Centre exhibits, including:
- The Science of Rock n’ Roll is an interactive exhibit not to be missed! Drop some tracks in the professional recording booth, shred an epic solo on the drums, and riff out on an electric guitar – all the while learning how science and technology have influenced the evolution of rock n’ roll as we know it.
- The Nova Scotia Power Energy Gallery explores our province’s energy sources of the past, present and future. Visitors will discover energy in many forms – electrical, chemical, nuclear, potential and kinetic – while also seeing science in action when interacting with imaginative, hands-on exhibits and testing alternative types of energy.
- The Medavie Health Gallery inspires visitors of all ages with a holistic understanding of how their brains and bodies work and how they make decisions. Interactive exhibits and local, cutting-edge technology show how we can thrive in the 21st century in a new brain-body partnership that responds to today’s world.
- The IMP Aerospace Flight Gallery allows the spirit to soar and the mind to explore in a unique and dynamic space. Visitors will use basic physics – weight, lift, drag and thrust – and examples of flight in nature to design their own planes, successfully fly a mission in a thrilling flight simulator, and investigate a real aircraft!
- The RBC Someday Street is a magical place for toddlers and young children to imagine, invent, discover and learn in a safe, full-bodied play environment. Here, kids engage in immersive play in a variety of settings. Parents can choose to jump in and play along or sit back, relax and watch the fun unfold in the visitors’ lounge.
There will be something for everyone!
Tickets are $20.00 per family (tax included), for up to 8 people (children or adults). Please purchase tickets online by Thursday, April 20.
The Discovery Centre does not have a dedicated parking lot. Parking is available in the surrounding areas including the Halifax waterfront, the Seaport Market and behind the Westin Hotel. For hourly rates and parking locations, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact Kirsten Tobin at email@example.com or 902.494.2807.