Email for Life
As alumni, you’re entitled to keep your @dal.ca email account after you graduate through outlook.com/dal.ca. Use your @dal.ca email address on your resume, to find out about opportunities for alumni, and to keep in touch with classmates and the Dal community.
Dal email and Office 365
Important information about your email account and other Office 365 services:
- As an alumnus, you will continue to have access to your Dalhousie mailbox which includes email, calendar, mail contacts, notes and tasks.
- All other Office 365 services will be removed.
- To login to your mailbox, please use the unique Alumni Login link on the my.dal.ca login site.
- If you have files saved to your OneDrive or other SharePoint applications, please copy these over to a personal device as they will be inaccessible within six months of completion of your program.
If your account is no longer active or if you are interested in setting up a new account, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 902.494.8801 (or 1.800.565.9969).
Enjoy free Wi-Fi on campus
As you transition from student to Dal grad, you will have continued access to the Dalhousie wireless network while visiting campus. To access the network:
- Connect to the “Dal-WPA2” network
- Enter your username (your NetID) and password
Once your device is connected to the Dal wireless network, you will be able to access free Wi-Fi on all Dalhousie campuses.
Don’t remember your NetID or password? Call Dal’s Help Desk at 902.494.4357 (toll-free 1.800.869.3931) and press option 1 (9 a.m. – 9 p.m., Monday through Friday) or visit the Help Desk at the Killam Library, Room G45 (hours).
You will also be able to access DalOnline. You can use your email on your personal devices or through web mail at outlook.com/dal.ca.
If you have any questions, please ask at help.dal.ca, or email email@example.com.